Hello!! I absolutely LOOOVE your art (especially your Nepeta’s ahhh)!!! Do you think you could draw Roxy Lalonde?
Limacina antarctica (Swimming sea snail) by Alexander Semenov
As a 19-year-old sophomore at Stanford, Elizabeth Holmes decided to transform diagnostic medicine so she dropped out of college and used her tuition money to start her own company, Theranos. Ten years later, Holmes, pictured here holding a micro-vial, is on the cutting edge of medical technology — her new blood testing method allows hundreds of tests to be run using only a few drops of blood. And, Holmes’ methods are cheaper, faster, more accurate, and less invasive than conventional methods which often require a separate vial of blood for every test.
As Holmes told Wired.com earlier this year, “I started this company because I wanted to spend my life changing our health care system. When someone you love gets really sick, most of the time when you find out, it’s too late to be able to do something about it. It’s heartbreaking… We wanted to make actionable health information accessible to people everywhere at the time it matters most. That means two things: being able to detect conditions in time to do something about them and providing access to information that can empower people to improve their lives.”
read more from A Mighty Girl
Reasons you should adore Elizabeth Holmes:
- She is featured as Forbes’ youngest self-made woman billionaire.
- Her tests will revolutionize the public health world as we know it; Making diagnostic testing accessible and affordable for more people (and potentially saving Medicare and Medicaid ~$100 billion each over the next decade). (x)
- She is a coauthor on 82 US and 189 foreign patent applications. (x)
- Her fear of needles served as a motivator for launching Theranos. (x)
SHE IS THE FUTURE SUPPORT HER AT ALL COSTS
This also shows that not finishing college isn’t a death sentence to your life.
So these are pretty popular in japan nowadays. They’re these sandwiches made with a sweet japanese milk bread that are filled with whipped cream and strawberries.
When I first saw a picture, I assumed they were just using some cake as the “bread” and was like, oh man, it’s a cake shaped like a sandwich.
But no. It’s a sandwich.
I was a little weirded out at first, but then I was like, “fuck it lets make this shit”.
So I spent all day on the bread, and just whipped up the cream and cut the strawberries minutes ago and took my first bite of this simple but weird creation.
Lord all-fucking-mighty that was good.
10/10 would foodgasm over again.
Try this recipe, you won’t regret it.
Ichigo Cream Sandwich
- 3 Slices Japanese Milk Bread (click for recipe)
- approximately 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (click for recipe)
- 3 Large strawberries sliced sort of thinly
- Make the Japanese Milk Bread by following this recipe
- Once the bread is cooled off, start to cut about 3 slices.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and then cut them diagonally.
- Now for the whipped cream. Make that shit by following this recipe.
- Once that’s done, slice up your strawberries (slice more if you want) and prep them for placing onto the sandwiches.
- Cover both triangle bread slices with whipped cream, then put strawberry slices on one of the creamed up triangles, then top it with the other whipped cream’d bread triangle and bam. Strawberry and Cream Sandwich.
- You can like add other fruits if you want, or make it into a weird psuedo cake by covering it in chocolate sauce or something.
AND BAM. RECIPE DONE. Are you proud? You should be. Unless you didn’t make your own bread and you (GOD FUCKING FORBID) used canned/premade whipped cream.
I can accept not using home made bread, since it does take forever, but lord almighty if you don’t use your own home made whipped cream and you use that gross chemical stuff instead i will eND YOU.
ahem. now that we’re all calm, enjoy your weird but hella good sandwich, yo. Enjoy that shit.
spookytikki said:Hello!! I absolutely LOOOVE your art (especially your Nepeta’s ahhh)!!! Do you think you could draw Roxy Lalonde?yeees
[ x ]
Sometimes I wonder whether or not Team Rocket was even real in this movie.
i bet god tiers bathe in light and glitter (my life dream)